Homemade organic limeade is much tastier than store bought and usually less expensive to boot. Plus, you can use your homemade limeade to make delicious frosty limeade popsicles!
- 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed organic lime juice – a little lime juice goes a long way. *Note: the typical small lime, once squeezed has about 2 tablespoons of juice.
- 1 cup organic white sugar.
- 1 cup water + 1 and 1/2 cup water.
Make your popsicles
- Make a small batch of organic simple syrup by combining the 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water in a pot on medium high heat. Cook the mixture until it comes to a boil. Remove the mixture and allow it to cool before using it.
- Once cool, combine the simple syrup with the lime juice and extra 1 and 1/2 cups water in a pitcher.
- Pour into your favorite popsicle molds.
- Freeze until solid.
This recipe makes about 3 and 1/3 cups of limeade. So you’ll have plenty of limeade for pops and some left over to drink. Dress your pops up by inserting lime slices into your popsicle mold before you fill the mold.
- To get more citrus from your citrus fruit, roll the fruit under the palm of your hand on a hard counter a few times before squeezing.
- When making lemonade or limeade popsicles, always taste test your mixture before pouring it into your molds. There’s no way to add extra water or sweetener as needed to already frozen pops.
Feeling like lemons more than limes? Try this old fashioned lemonade popsicle recipe.
Images © Jennifer Chait