These homemade strawberry popsicles are super easy to make, plus have a delicious fresh flavor and great texture.
It’s important to use only organic strawberries when making homemade popsicles. Strawberries are always one of the big bads on the Dirty Dozen list, a report of produce with the highest and lowest pesticide loads. That said, grab your favorite popsicle molds, and get cooking. Or more specifically get freezing!
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries. You can use frozen berries if you like, but the pops won’t be as tasty.
- 1/2 cup fresh cool water.
- 1 tablespoon organic agave. Substitute organic honey, sugar or simple syrup if you like.
- OPTIONAL: 1 teaspoon fresh organic lemon juice. This is a nice add-in that really makes the flavor pop.
- Blend all ingredients together in your blender.
- Pour into your favorite popsicle molds.
- Freeze til solid.
No blender? No worries…. Combine strawberries and water in a small sauce pan, cooking down the berries on medium low heat until mushy and as liquidy as possible. Add your sweetener, more water as needed and your lemon juice.
This recipe makes about 1.5 cups of popsicle mix.
Images ©Jennifer Chait