Strawberries are a healthy ice pop ingredient, but when berries are at the peak of ripeness they’re sometimes too sticky sweet and tart for younger kids and toddlers. This recipe uses tofu to mellow out the sweetness and tartness of your berries, allowing for a subtle strawberry flavor that younger kids enjoy. Best of all, this is a zero sweetener-added pop.
- 2/3 cups organic tofu. Silken or firm – your choice as both will work.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries.
- 1/2 cup water.
- Wash your berries and slice the ends off.
- Toss your berries, tofu and water into the blender.
- Blend well.
- Pour into molds and freeze.
Image © Jennifer Chait