Surprisingly, chocolate and yogurt complement each other very well. These homemade popsicles have a tangy chocolate flavor and optional little bits of dark chocolate scattered throughout. You can make them vegetarian or vegan – your choice.
Organic Chocolate Yogurt Pops
Makes: about 20 ounces of mix (see how many popsicle molds 20 ounces will fill)
- 1 cup organic yogurt – I used soy.
- 1 cup organic milk – I used almond milk.
- 2/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips or chunks
Make your pops:
- Combine your yogurt and milk in the blender.
- Heat up the dark chocolate in the microwave until it’s melted. This shouldn’t take long, but you may want to stir every 20 seconds or so.
- Use a spatula to scoop all the melted chocolate into your blender.
- Blend your mixture well.
- Pour into molds.
- Freeze and enjoy
Although you melt the chocolate, the chocolate won’t be smooth and melted throughout the pops as you might think. Because you freeze the pops right away, the melted chocolate hardens into tiny tidbits of chocolate.
Adults who taste tested these LOVED the little cocoa bits. Kids who tasted these almost all noted they’d rather have smooth pops though, so you can leave the bits out if you like.